Digital Technology Solutions Junior Engineer / Degree Apprenticeship
This role is to work as part of a busy engineering SME team, providing first line IT support for day-to-day requirements, and being the site contact for our external IT support provider. The successful candidate will also work with our management team and Digital Transformation consultant to develop and implement the company’s Digital Strategy.
We carry out very large, precision CNC machining services for a diverse range of valued clients, in sectors including renewable energy and defence. Our other services include blast and paint, balancing, pressure testing, and assembly. In addition to heavy subcontract engineering services, we are also OEM for our own product, the Tees White Gill Thruster. This is a ship’s thruster which we design and manufacture on-site, and for which we provide spares and service support worldwide. We pride ourselves on our exceptional skills, our modern CNC shop, and our commitment to exceeding clients' expectations.
We are based in North Skelton, Redcar & Cleveland. The company is owned and managed by two family directors, who work to ensure that we are good employers, we have a positive impact on our local community, and we operate sustainably.
Relevant IT qualification at Level 3 (BTEC, T-level)
Competent with Windows desktop & application support
Basic network troubleshooting
Desirable, but not essential:
Experience in a workplace which may have included any of the following:
· Administering Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange Server & Office 365
· Tablet and mobile device support
· Data governance
· Active Directory and Exchange administrative skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Group Policy
What the role will look like:
This person will work with the staff team and with our 3rd party IT support, to ensure that our IT system runs reliably and keeps lost time to a minimum. They will identify our current hardware and systems, and create and maintain a playbook for our site. They will deal with day-to-day issues with support where needed, such as:
- Supporting staff in setting up and using devices for remote access
- Setting up new devices, and maintaining existing e.g updates and repairs
- General network administration and troubleshooting
- Assisting all users with routine problems such as access, technical faults
- With third parties, updates, training and add-ons of our MRP system and other software
- With third parties, troubleshooting and improvement of CAD/CAM software and connections with CNC machine shop
- Microsoft product administration
- Administration of CMS for company website; administration of company app
- With third parties, support implementation of systems for cyber security, support users and maintain systems
With the management team and digital transformation consultant, this person will work to develop and implement the company’s digital strategy, to improve our processes and productivity.
This is an opportunity to put into practice the theory learned in your studies, in an SME business environment, with support from our staff and mentoring, with higher education and industry training.
There are various options for further education, training, and professional development, depending on the successful candidate’s aspirations and their qualifications to date. This role could be a level 4, 5 or 6 apprenticeship, including qualifications such as Level 4 or Level 5 in Information Technology, or Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (Level 6) MSc. The role could include day release or on-site learning, with a training provider.
Rewards and benefits
Salary - £24,700 per annum
Subsidised canteen, Pension scheme, Death in service benefit, Health Cash Plan, Free Parking, Cyclescheme, Social Events, Compassionate leave, Sick leave, Training and development
Working Hours – 38 hrs per week
Flexible working applies to this role
08.00 – 16.30 Monday to Thursday (1/2-hour lunch unpaid); 08.00 – 14.00 Fridays
Work Location In person at TS12 2AP